In retirement, estate planning is usually concerned with ensuring that your assets on death are paid to the individuals that you wish to inherit your assets or take steps to minimise your inheritance tax liability.
A Will is the recommended starting point for most of our clients, who incorrectly believe that their spouse or next of kin will automatically inherit the whole of their estate in the event of their death.
As part of your plan we review any existing Wills that you have in place or recommend alteration and amendments. If a new Will is required our team of fully qualified Will writers are here to help you.
In the majority of cases inheritance tax can been seen as voluntary tax, our inheritance tax options report provides a review of all the options available to legally minimise your inheritance tax liability.
This includes but is not limited to;
- Providing an overview of the allowances and exemptions that are available to you.
- Provide considerations for redistribution of assets between spouses / partners.
- Assess your ability to gift capital without impacting your ability to fund your retirement.
- Outline the main features and suitability of various trusts including, bare, discretionary, discounted gift, loan and reversionary trusts.
- Provide illustrations for life assurance, which allows you to retain your capital, whilst providing a lump sum in the event of death to cover your liability.
Powers of Attorney
Howard Wright would recommend that individuals consider undertaking Lasting Powers of Attorney (both Health and Financial). These documents allow your nominated attorney to manage your affairs in the unfortunate event that you lose mental capacity or simply do not wish to manage your affairs anymore.
Howard Wright can assist you in the completion of these forms.
The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate Tax Advice, Will Writing, Estate Planning and Trusts.
What to do next?
To discuss your estate planning with one of our Chartered Advisers, you can call us on 0345 688 4939 or fill in our enquiry form below, it only takes 20 seconds to complete.
Howard Wright Enquiry Form
Start planning your financial future today.
Call us on
0345 688 4939