Top 100 Financial Adviser
We are incredibly proud of our latest achievement of becoming an FT Adviser top 100 Firm, it has taken years of hard work for us to achieve this accolade. As a firm we believe it’s as important to consider the past as well as the future, when making major investment decisions. As an existing or prospective new client, it is essential to consider the history of the firm in which you are to entrusting your future financial wellbeing.
The Hamblett Brothers
John’s sons Chris & David Hamblett purchased John Bright’s share of Howard Wright in the mid 1980’s and would develop the General insurance division from their office in Stafford Street until their retirement in 2004.
Mike Walker & Fred McGrath
Mike Walker & Fred McGrath would together growing the business with the help of Mike Richards and the team. In this photograph Mike and Fred are seen reading the Financial Times in the early 90’s. The same newspaper that has ranked us as one of their top 100 firms for 2021.
Mike & Jo’s Ownership
- 2007 Romana Koutna joins the team to further strengthen the administration department.
- 2009 Gareth develops and implements the Howard Wright Investment Proposition.
- 2009 Stephen Cook joins the team as a trainee consultant, becoming Chartered in 2016 and a Fellow of the CII in 2018.
- 2010 Ashely Smith joins the team also as a trainee consultant gaining Chartered status in 2016.
- 2011 Gareth becomes Chartered and a fellow in 2011.
- 2012 Adam Dawes joins as a trainee consultant and becomes level 4 qualified in 2016.
- 2012 Howard Wright move to our current offices to Codsall.
- 2014 Liva Skulme joins the team as an Apprentice to help with the administration, whilst also studying her CII Exams, becoming Chartered in 2021.
- 2016 Gareth becomes Managing Director of Howard Wright and Natalie becomes Operations Director.
- 2016 Mike and Jo’s Son Tom joins the team as an apprentice studying business administration.
- 2016 Howard Wright completes its 2nd Acquisition acquiring a client bank in Henley & Arden.
- 2017 William Rees & Abi Graves both join the team as apprentices.
- 2017 Howard Wright gains Chartered status by our governing body the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), the highest accreditation available for a firm of financial advisers.
- 2019 We invested heavily into our back-office system further streamlining our administration process and further reducing our carbon footprint.
- 2020 Ashley Becomes director of New Business.
- In 2020 Howard Wright completes its 3rd Acquisition of a client bank in Bridgnorth Shropshire.
- 2020 We successfully navigate through the Covid 19 Pandemic, without having to furlough any members of the team whilst supporting our clients remotely via Teams and Zoom. The investment into our back-office system the year prior worked brilliant for us as we where able to operate remotely even before the pandemic started.
- 2020 Adam Dawes starts servicing his own clients.
- In 2021 Howard Wright Completes its 4th acquisition of a client bank in Oxford.
- In December 2021 Howard Wright is awarded FT Adviser top 100 Status, one of our greatest achievements to date.
- 2022 Sara Green joins the team to work alongside our administration department.
- 2022 Howard Wright completes its 5th Acquisition of a client bank in Solihull.
- 2022 We launch our very own app, enabling our clients to access their investments remotely, communicate with their adviser, send and receive correspondence securely from anywhere in the world.